The quality of your lead generation is dependent on numerous factors, we operate on the "GIGO" (Garbage In | Garbage Out) model, if you want quality, you have to ensure what you put in at the top of the funnel is of the best quality possible - consider the following steps.
- Advertising - You need to keep your adverts up to date, content can go stale so change your messages regularly. Be honest with your potential customers, just because all you see is clickbait, doesn't mean it works!
- Placement - Where are you placing your adverts and what type of adverts are you using? - Try to stay away from brand building and speculative placements. Utilise all mediums & don't compartmentalise - A unified marketing message works wonders!
- Audience - Who are you putting your adverts in front of? Why are you choosing that demographic? - A significant proportion of businesses look to target similar audiences to their current customers - but if those customers have come from a targeted campaign, you could be unnecessarily limiting your campaign! Think about who might want your products/services & see if they match!
- Bidding - You pay for what you get, mobile devices will give you the volume and cost the least, but desktops can give higher value conversions at a significant cost increase... depending on how you bid and the medium/placement you use.
- User Journey - What happens when a potential customer engages with your advert? Where do they go? Is the content relevant? Is it the quickest way for them to express an interest?
There are many variables to consider, if you have a suitable way of measuring success and where it has come from, you can optimise your digital marketing continually. Why not talk to one of our specialists to see if we can help simplify your new customer acquisition / lead generation programme.